This morning I was reflecting on the power of God. So often, I forget that God is in charge. There are times I feel like everything is in my control from performing well at work, to making friends, to running a good race. Yet, Ephesians 1 reminds me that in fact God is in control of the universe.
"God raised Jesus from death and set him on a throne in deep heaven, in charge of running the universe, everything from galaxies to governments, no name and no power exempt from his rule. And not just for the time being, but forever. He is in charge of it all, has the final word on everything." Ephesians 1:20-23 (The Message)
There was freedom in my heart when I read this passage. I tend to like to have my hands clinging to every last strand of control. But, in this verse, it becomes clear that God purposely sent Jesus to earth and raised him from the dead, so that I would give up control. The application of this is that when life may seem to be handing me lemons, I should ask God, my boss, what he wants me to do with them. I am beginning to see that when I give up my control to God, I find rewards that I did not know where possible. The joy of having a relationship with God is that we can ask him why, how, and what? Sometimes, he may give us a direct answer. Other times, we may have to wait it out. But, what a pleasure it is to be able to communicate with the ruler of the universe.
We all have areas in our lives where we need to submit to God's authority. This verse in Ephesians reminds us that the whole purpose of the resurrection was so that we would glorify Jesus as the ruler of our lives here on earth and in heaven. So, I challenge you to think about the areas that you need to let go of control, and offer it up to God so that you may see his power at work in your life. There will be rivers of peace and contentment when we believe that Jesus sits in heaven in charge of our circumstances. He is willing to talk with us about them but we have to first give up control and ask for his power to transform us.
No comments:
Post a Comment