I read Psalm 119 today. Yeah, if you have ever read this...it is LONG. You would think I would have learned a million terribly awesome things from it about God. But, really I learned one thing. Verse 32 states, I will run in the way of your commandments when you enlarge my heart! I was struck by the phrase, 'enlarge my heart', so I cross referenced it. It states that this can also mean, 'when you set my heart free.' I received some revelation that there is sin that is tightly wrapped around my heart getting in the way of running after God's commands. When I am set free by God, my heart is then enlarged to love the way God wants me to love. Too often things get wrapped around my heart shrinking it into a much smaller heart than God intends. But, when I look to God to break off those ties, I can finally run his course.
Take a look at your heart today. Is it small? Is it being tightly gripped by the worries and cares of this world? God wants to set us free from this and cause our hearts to bulge right out of our chests with love for him, others, and his commands. Too often we run the risk of keeping our hearts small, when all we need to do is ask for the chains to be cut and then our hearts will be restored to their original size ushering in God's love here on earth.
No comments:
Post a Comment