Monday, July 11, 2011

Pray because you want to Praise

I'm still trying to figure out a few things in life. Hmm, maybe a lot of things. However, today, I was greatly encouraged by the idea that we do not have to push God to do anything. Actually, he is very active, in ways we do not see or understand. That my friends is part of having faith. Too many times I have heard that we need to seek God, press into God, or even pray our way to freedom. However, I was encouraged by a Psalm today that tells me a much more expansive story of God. The Psalm I am referring to is 113. It does not tell us that we need to do anything but praise God and think about him. I am not trying to tell you to become a passive follower of God. I know that the Bible and Jesus tell us to live lives of sharing his word, and praying without stopping. But, if you are expecting God to move by you doing stuff, you truly have it wrong.

When we pray by reflecting on God and praise him, we are then transformed and his love compells us to do things we would not imagine. But, if we are just attending prayer meetings and prayer walking without praising God from the depths of our hearts, we will show a false faith. It also shows others that we do not trust God that he is at work. Please do not fall into a trap of thinking that the more we do for God the more we will see God working. It's just not true. And, anyone that tells you that forgets the point of the gospel. The point of believing in Jesus is to have relationship with him not see cool stuff happen. Although, when we love God and we praise him, cool stuff happens. It's the chicken and the egg. But, please don't forget that God creates both the chicken and the egg. Our minds are too small sometimes and we forget that we have a God that is more powerful and more amazing that we are! Pray, and love Jesus and I promise that others will follow suit. But, never pressure people to follow God or pressure people to pray. Its not biblical and will not result in God's goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment