Going back home, it is clear we have changed. It is clear that our ideas of church have shifted. I write today praying that our churches in America will reflect what I have seen here. It is sad for me to think about how so often we are too busy ticking off our to-do list that we forget about how important the people in our churches are. We are so busy planning the next big event that we forget about the daily events going on in the hearts of people around us. If we call ourselves Christians, we should be following Christ. I'm guilty of pushing my own way in this world. But, being in Singapore has shown me that it is time to stop. Really, who cares if the clothes aren't folded, and my run isn't done, if I have not given up a moment for someone that really needs me.
Stop and think today. Are you wasting your life? Are you just going through the motions of church to check it off the list? If you are, I give you a fair warning today. There is so much more God wants us to live for. He wants our homes to always be filled, our hearts always willing to offer a prayer, food ready to be given away. Jobs, money, cares in this life will come and go. But, God's church stands to be a light not a distraction from Jesus. Church is not about doing what is right or good. It is about living out the Bible together. If we miss this point, we miss what we are doing living and breathing here on earth. Let us learn to put our necks out for one another. Let us learn to really serve one another. Not just push in a chair, or make it look like we really care about one another when we could really give a crap.
I'm being harsh about this because I am speaking the truth. And, it is a harsh reality that we spend way too much time on ourselves as Americans. But, that is why the gospel and Jesus' message is hard to swallow. He wants us to stop living for ourselves and live for those around us. We need to pull together not grow further apart. Please stand with me in this. Don't brush my words aside because you are a content pig living in slop. God wants more from us and for us in our churches. And, if you don't believe, come to Singapore. You will see a difference in how the church operates. But, if you want to continue living in slop, go ahead, but know time is running out on your life clock.
No comments:
Post a Comment