This weekend I attended a church conference hosted by the organization of churches that I attend. Every year this conference brings anticipation of what will be taught, heard, and prayed about. This year I went expecting to learn great things. And, I did.
The greatest take away for me had to do simply with an honest question asked to me by God. In our prayer time, I felt as though God was asking me if I really loved him. Exploring this with God in prayer was challenging. What I realized through this exploration was that I hadn't been loving God the way he deserves to be loved. The kind of love that God deserves is much bigger than the love I have been giving him. So often, I find myself missing out on the loving relationship that God intends us to have. I surely talk to God throughout the day,but I often miss out on what he is saying back to me. This weekend I feel that I learned that the relationship God desires to have with me is greater than all of the current relationships that I find myself in. He intends that I talk to him and listen to him with such an earnest heart so that our relationship is rock solid never fading and never changing.
So, I bring forth the question to you. Do you REALLY love God? Do you trust him with EVERYTHING? Do you believe that he can change you for his benefit? If not, that's ok...because he will reel you in, just like he did to me today. Our relationship with God can remain like a long distance one, only telephoning when something comes up. Or it can be the most intimate one on one relationship we have ever experienced. It's really up to us, because he is there...always...waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment